Friday, October 3, 2008

Very Full Week!


This week went by like lightning! I'm beginning to get into a workable routine and don't feel as overwhelmed as last week. We had our normal scedual this week and not all the crazy orientations that were thrown at us like last week.
I miss having the time to read some of my favorite blogs but if there's a will , there's a way! I thought I'd share some fun moments I've had recently. I got to visit the restricted, behind the scenes areas for surgery at out large local hospital. They walked us through where wer'e supposed to go for report, to change into surgery scrubs and scrub in. In a few weeks I'll have a chance to spend a day there and hopefully be in on several surgerys.
Today was fun also, it was our first chance to play with needles! We learned all about the different types of injections and got to practice on fake skin, bummer, I was hoping to practice on a real person. That will have to be at the hospital on a patient. Shh! Don't tell them I'm new! haha Have a great weekend!

3 comments:

Tricia said...

Hang in there. It will be worth it.

The Summer Kitchen Girls said...

Oh - you'll be great! My sister-in-law has been a nurse for four years now - she absolutly loves it and is so glad she stuck with it!!
Karla & Karrie

Joy said...

I admire you for choosing to go to school to become a nurse. It's a lot of work, especially when you already have the work of being a mommy. I have a friend who's going to nursing school and she's crazy busy. Good for you for taking on a serious goal to help people in need.