Friday, February 20, 2009

A few more weeks

So here it is friday night and instead of reading my homework and studying I'm brousing the internet reading my favorite nursing blogs. I swear, sometimes I can be such a procrastinator! But, it's been a long hard week and I feel like my brain needs a break, either that or it's slow burn out as we get closer to the end of the quarter. I've got two more theory tests, two pharm tests, a pediatric lab and simulation and three more conceptsmaps to do for the rest of the quarter.
I've been doing a lot of thinking about where I want to end up when I'm done with school and I'm stil leaning towards OR but I'm not totally sure. I hope to have a chance to do my preceptorship there but I have no control over that. The powers that be have that decision, not me. They base it on gpa and on an essay you turn in.
Anyways, I really should be focusing on my immediate school work and not on the future so much! Last night I had a couple more chances to hang some IV bags and set the pumps. I'm slowly getting more and more comfortable with this and I wish I could be doing it every day.
This next week starts pediatrics and I'll be working in a large pediatric hospital for clinical. I hope it goes well, I really have no intention of working with kids at all but the exposure will be interesting, we'll see.

4 comments:

Linda's World said...

Some say it's really hard to work at MB but others love it. It will be interesting to see how you feel about it. Being that your a mom of 2 young ones, your feelings could go either way. It's good to take a break sometimes and browse the internet or read the latest issue of Women's Day magazine. Your brain needs a rest. Love you, Aunt Linda

Azmomo2andcounting said...

I agree sometimes you just need to step away from the books, or you'll go crazy!

Nursapalooza said...

first let me say...I love your photos. Are there hydrangeas in that vase?? Love 'em. Aaaaaaaaaaand I would love a little reading spot like that. I have several. Although when I'm reading school stuff, I'm at my desk/table.

Uuuuuuum OR? I have a few friends going in that, one that is currently, and she absolutely LOVES it. What sem are you in? ADN or BSN? Thanks for visiting my blog!

Nursapalooza said...

I loooooooooove hydrangeas! The bluish purple is my alltime fave flower. I have killed at LEAST 6 different plantings. Different location, different soil, lighting watering. Can't do it, they ALL die. Ah well, your's are fab.