Friday, March 6, 2009

Done with pediatrics!

Last night was my last night with the kiddo's and I'm so relieved. It's just not my cup of tea and I knew it going in. What sucks the most is that we aren't allowed to give meds of any kind. I'm not evan allowed to spike a bag. I am really looking forward to adult med surg again. So, here we are with two weeks left of the quarter and I've got my last care plan that's due sunday night, then I am DONE with clinicals! We each got to pick one week that we could skip and I chose the very last week so, all I'll have to do will be to study for my very last test. Sweet!
In other news, we finally got our scedules for next quarter and I'm so glad I got the placement I'd asked for. I'm going to a different hospital this time so, I'll have a chance to get comfortable there. It's close to home and I may end up working there so I wanted to check it out. I also got the hybrid on-line theory class so that means one less day at school. Yea! Okay, I'm off to class!

4 comments:

Order & Chaos said...

We don't have a true peds rotation, it's integrated into one of our regular med/surg rotations I guess. Not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing. Here we aren't allowed to start IVs, as students, but we can as externs-go figure.

Azmomo2andcounting said...

I don't blame you for the Peds thing either. I am dreading that next semester in block 2, plus I think we have another one in block 3 or 4 too.

Carin Diaz said...

I remember disliking the peds environment as a nursing student. I feel sorry for the sick kids, I felt like I just want to hold them, all of them, the whole shift.

I was allowed to pass meds, though, with supervision. We had to triple check our math. One student got kicked out of the program for some mistakes, no harm done, though.

Myk said...

Hi,

My blog is NurseReview.Org Nclex Study Materials and was wondering if we can exchange links. It will help increase our Pagerank as well as drive more traffic to both our site since we have the same niche.

Title: NurseReview.Org Nclex Review
URL: http://NurseReview.Org

If interested, please drop me a comment so that I can add your site as well. Dont forget to add my site first.

THanks,
Myk