Sunday, January 3, 2010

A new start

Well, I had a really nice break from school and thoroughly enjoyed the holidays. But, all good things come to an end and this week will start a new quarter and a new beginning of firsts. I found out I was placed in the ICU for my preceptorship and I am SOOO excited! Excited and nervous at the same time. Here are some things that I'm currently nervous about; will I pass the dosage calculation test? Will I do well in the ICU and not look completely stupid? Will I be able to study enough to pass the nclex on the first try? Will I find a job as a new resident?
Many things are up in the air, all I know is that I will take things one day at a time, and I will learn so much in these next few months. I have been waiting for this preceptorship for two years and it is finally here!

3 comments:

Azmomo2andcounting said...

So excited for you! Good luck on the semester. I am looking forward to many stories!

Order & Chaos said...

HOw exciting already knowing where you're placed for your preceptorship!! Congrats on getting something you wanted, at last I'm assuming from your excitement!

Linda's World said...

I'm sure that the Christmas break was just what the doctor ordered for a busy student, wife and mom. I predict that you'll do just fine.
I really enjoyed the holidays this year too. Hugs from your local Aunt Linda